- 1 Which of the following meals would be a good pre workout meal quizlet?
- 2 Which factors are known to result in high triglycerides quizlet?
- 3 Which of the following would most likely be high fiber foods?
- 4 What are the 2 main physiological priorities during starvation quizlet?
- 5 Which food has the highest protein quality?
- 6 What is the best type of pre-workout carbohydrate?
- 7 Which factors can cause elevated triglyceride levels?
- 8 Which substance has the biggest role in the development of atherosclerosis?
- 9 Which food is a good source of MUFA?
- 10 How can I make 30g of Fibre a day?
- 11 What is a great source of fiber?
- 12 What are the 2 main physiological priorities during starvation?
- 13 What disease causes insulin deficiency?
- 14 What occurs in the body during a short term fasting state quizlet?
Which of the following meals would be a good pre workout meal quizlet?
Which of the following meals would be a good pre-workout meal? Black bean soup with whole wheat bread. Cheese and chicken quesadilla. For all athletes, protein is the most important macronutrient and needs to be replaced daily if the athlete doesn’t want to “hit the wall”.
Which factors are known to result in high triglycerides quizlet?
Which factors are known to result in high triglycerides? All choices are correct: Excessive alcohol intake. Excess consumption of processed carbohydrates and sugar.
Which of the following would most likely be high fiber foods?
Good sources include barley, oatmeal, beans, nuts, and fruits such as apples, berries, citrus fruits, and pears. Many foods contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. In general, the more natural and unprocessed the food, the higher it is in fiber. There is no fiber in meat, dairy, or sugar.
What are the 2 main physiological priorities during starvation quizlet?
Terms in this set (7) Two priorities to be taken care of: Provide fuel to the glucose utilising tissues (BRAIN) and provide fuel to the non-glucose requiring tissues (Muscle, Liver). Circulating free fatty acid levels in circulation are high (lipolysis in adipose tissue).
Which food has the highest protein quality?
Meat – Most animal proteins are considered complete and high-quality. This includes red meat, poultry, and dairy products. Eggs – An average egg is a low-fat source with approximately 6 or 7 grams of protein. Quinoa – This plant-based food includes each of the 9 amino acids that are considered essential.
What is the best type of pre-workout carbohydrate?
Dried fruits like dried apricots, berries, figs, and pineapples are the best sources for such purpose. You can notably feel the instant energy boost through eating mixed dried fruit.
Which factors can cause elevated triglyceride levels?
- The most common causes of high triglycerides are obesity and poorly controlled diabetes.
- Other causes of high triglycerides include hypothyroidism, kidney disease, and certain inherited lipid disorders.
- Estrogen therapy, which may be used for menopause symptoms, may also raise triglyceride levels.
Which substance has the biggest role in the development of atherosclerosis?
Cholesterol is the main fatty substance in plaque. This fatty buildup can cause partial or complete blockage of blood flow through an artery. Atherosclerosis mainly affects medium-sized arteries, such as the coronary (heart), carotid (neck), cerebral (brain) and renal (kidney) arteries.
Which food is a good source of MUFA?
MUFA -rich foods in your diet include:
- Olive oil.
- Nuts, such as almonds, cashews, pecans and macadamias.
- Canola oil.
- Nut butters.
- Peanut oil.
How can I make 30g of Fibre a day?
How to get your daily 30g of fibre
- Cereals. Wholegrain cereals are an obvious choice for breakfast.
- Bananas. They should be a bit green, said Prof John Cummings of Dundee University, one of the study authors.
- Wholemeal or wholegrain bread.
- Baked potatoes.
- Wholemeal pasta.
What is a great source of fiber?
Beans, peas and lentils are excellent sources of fiber. Add kidney beans to canned soup or a green salad. Or make nachos with refried black beans, lots of fresh veggies, whole-wheat tortilla chips and salsa. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber, as well as vitamins and minerals.
What are the 2 main physiological priorities during starvation?
Thus, the second priority of metabolism in starvation is to preserve protein, which is accomplished by shifting the fuel being used from glucose to fatty acids and ketone bodies (Figure 30.16).
What disease causes insulin deficiency?
In one category, type 1 diabetes, the cause is an absolute deficiency of insulin secretion. Individuals at increased risk of developing this type of diabetes can often be identified by serological evidence of an autoimmune pathologic process occurring in the pancreatic islets and by genetic markers.
What occurs in the body during a short term fasting state quizlet?
-Dietary fat from a meal is digested and absorbed as monoglycerides, free fatty acids, and glycerol. Processes in Short-Term Fasting: – Glycogen degradation in the liver helps maintain blood glucose levels. -Glucose from glycogen degradation in muscle is used for energy by the muscle cells.